Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

A social media approach I'm happy with, clearly.

A modern pair of prescription glasses with a h...Image via Wikipedia

Shopping online, great deals, and social media are some of my favorite things so when all three are combined it makes for a great experience.

I will admit it, the first time I heard about www.clearlycontacts.ca was through word-of-mouth, my sister had just ordered a paid of prescription glasses from the company and had saved over 60%. I had to check these guys out. After reviewing their site I placed an order. Are you kidding, huge savings, pay after you receive them, 30-day returns with no questions, quick turnaround - who wouldn't place an order. Although everything I mentioned made for a great experience it's what happened afterward that really got my attention. I started following clearly contacts on twitter and facebook, I noticed they took a very interactive approach with their customers, responding to comments and questions, asking what frames users had purchased, and even thanking their customers for helping answer questions from other facebook users. I had my own twitter experience, after receiving a pair of glasses I wasn't happy with I had emailed the company and got no response, sure I could have called but it wasn't a big deal they were $50 but I wanted to test something so I did a twitter reply to @clearlycontacts mentioning no one got back to me, within hours I had a response apologizing and giving me a contact number to get the issue solved. For me clearly contacts is using social networking to its advantage and I suggest more companies take a similar approach.

In addition to a great social media presence, clearly contacts uses Microsoft adCenter to reach deep into it's core demographics, targeting young, tech-savvy women - an audience that accounts for nearly 60 percent of its online sales. I will go into the use of adCenters at another time.

One last thing, I just got my fifth or sixth order from this company, the products sold me but the customer service won me over. Clearly, they're doing something right.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment